Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wow, it's been awhile

Am blood sugar: ?    Current Weight: 215   

So I was asked the other day and then again today "how are things going?" Well, I suppose probably bad, since I don't have a finger poke for this morning, I'm eating chocolate ice cream and had fast food for lunch. I suppose I got busy, lazy, tired and discourage and then stopped caring. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been eating "everything" in sight, but I also haven't been planning our meals or being extra careful.   I also have stopped my meds because they were making me crash and that wasn't good for the kids. I can't be driving or whatever with two small children and keep crashing like I was. It was getting to be too much.  I definitely didn't take them with Chris out of state last week. Too risky.  I have a different med that I'm going to try. I suppose I'll start tomorrow morning and see how it makes me feel. 

For now, that's all I got. Sorry for not keeping up with it. It's just when things turn for the bad, I get depressed and pretty much shut down and just try to make it from one moment to the next. For now, both kids are asleep and I'm going to take a nap as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lacey,

    It is hard to stay motivated. We all have things we want to do and I don't know why it is so hard, but it is. I worry about you. My coworker who has diabetes - the guy I told you about who had a foot amputated a couple months ago - he had a heart attack on Saturday. He lived, but may not be able to work again. I haven't talked to him, but it was pretty serious. He was given a drug to break up a clot in his heart and the drug makes you bleed out. He bleeds out already from diabetes complications, so it was extra serious. He's only 40 or 42 - something like that. I wish you could meet him and ask him questions. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about trying WW. I know that it is a cost every week but there is something about paying for something and having to weigh in front of someone that keeps you on track. I know that money is probably tight for you, like everyone else, but you can't really put a price on your health, right?

    I have lost about 15 pounds on weight watchers. I'm going to e mail you because I thought it was cool that you were doing this blog so I started one when I started WW. I haven't opened it up to let anyone read it but I'll let you.

    My favorite quote is: Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels! =)

    Good luck! It is always a battle and is never easy.

    ReplyDelete